My first campaign flyer!
Hi everyone, who may look at this page, I have created my very first campaign flyer ever. You might notice, the colour scheme, is red, while & blue, so most likely it is something created by one of my talented American neighbours. Maybe next time I will try to find red & white, the colours of the Canadian flag.
But nonetheless, the other exciting news I would like to share is that I now have my appointment at the Vancouver Election Office! It is official. Once I am properly vetted, I will start campaigning like you have never seen anyone campaign before.
Maybe not, but what I will be doing is seeking answers. Answers to the questions we all have: (except you might not be wondering about question #5, so much as I am)
- Why is Vancouver housing so completely unaffordable that even two hard-working lawyers/executives can’t afford to buy a house?
- Why do some of the bike lanes and lane closures make no sense? Why are there some gaps between bike lanes that force cyclists & cars to share dangerous sections of road?
- Why is Vancouver City in debt and how long will it take to pay off?
- Why have taxes suddenly jumped to the point, where small business owners are paying 80% more than usual? Why are wages stagnant?
- How can one Independent Candidate like myself make a positive difference to Vancouver, even if I do get elected on October 20, 2018?
When I first decided to run, I really wasn’t sure exactly what to do, but now I realize I am not just doing this to win a campaign. I am also going to dig for information. Find facts. Seek answers. Help implement them. Have a ripple effect on my neighbourhood, my city and my province. One person can start the ball rolling:
“It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there’ll be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.”
― Mahatma Gandhi